- Project settings
- Create Sitemap - Quick start
- HTML Sitemap
- Add URL
- Generate URLs
- Submit Sitemap
Geo Sitemap for Google Maps - Quick start
Create Geo XML Sitemap File for Google Maps
1) Navigate to New button, select Google Geo and press OK
2) In order to add a new location press "Add" button.
3) In the URL field of appeared window enter the address of your geo- file (.kml, .kmz or georss). Reminding, that you should create your geo - file beforehand with the help of Google Earth program and upload it on the server.
Last Modified - Last Modification Date. Note that this tag is not related to the headline Ñ‚ÐÐ¬If-Modified-Since (304)Ñ‚ÐÐ, which may return the server; therefore search engines can differently use the information from these two sources. By default the information is taken from the Settings of the project.
Use "Last Modified" - Remove the checkbox if you donÑ‚ÐÐ©t want to select the Ñ‚ÐÐ¬Last ModifiedÑ‚ÐÐ.
Change Frequency -Probable frequency of change on this page.â”¬Ð° This value provides general information for search engines and may not correspond with the exact crawling of the web- page. By default the information is taken from the Settings of the project.
Use "Change Frequency" - Remove the checkbox if you donÑ‚ÐÐ©t want to select the "Change Frequency".
Priority - The priority of this URL relative to other URLs on your site. This value doesnÑ‚ÐÐ©t impact the comparison of your pages to the pages of other websites - it just lets the search engines know which pages, in your opinion, are more important for the crawlers. By default the information is taken from the Settings of the project.
Use "Priority" - Remove the checkbox if you donÑ‚ÐÐ©t want to select the "Priority".
4) Now let's switch to Google Geo tab and select the format of the file.
5) Now we need to save XML Sitemap file. For that we need to navigate to XML button.
6) A window with a message about Sitemap being successfully generated should appear, where you can push the OPEN IN THE FOLDER button and see your saved XML Sitemap file.
That's it; your XML Sitemap for Google Geo is all set. Now you only need to upload it on server and notify search engines about your Sitemap file. You can do it online for free via our website: http://www.sitemapwriter.com/notify.php